All the results of physics research mentioned in Physics News Update are at the cutting edge of this field, and reading it is often much more interesting and thrilling than reading science fictions. Some titles I liked recently are:
- The First Entanglement of Three Photons (12 Feb 1999)
- Direct CP Violation (29 Mar 199
- Does God Exist? (20 Apr 1999)
- Writing the Word "Optics" on a Single Atom (3 May 1999)
- Pi and Random Numbers (14 May 1999)
Kaku and Thompson  gave the following plausible reason why science was always stranger than science fiction: Technological progress proceeds geometrically. On the other hand, science fiction is merely a linear extrapolation or extension of the contemporary state of technology.
- M. Kaku and J. Thompson, "Beyond Einstein" (Oxford University Press, 1997; first edition by Bantam Books, 1987).